Saturday, June 4, 2011

Disney World - Epcot Day 3, Future World

Okay, so now you're in trouble because we have reached Epcot (Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow) - my favorite park of the four; yes, even over Animal Kingdom ... which comes in a very, very, very close second. 

Epcot ooozes hope for our future (1) by presenting education in a fun and colorful manner in Future World, and (2) by simply presenting World Showcase, an education for all ages -- and even if it is at Disney World, if we learn about our fellow humans, might we become more accepting?

Spaceship Earth - I Love This Guy, I Stalk This Guy
I'll Post Its Own Blog
It is so large, yes - there is a ride in there!

We slept in this morning and showed up to Epcot shortly after rope drop and headed over to Future World - West to obtain Fasspasses for Soarin - a ride we'd done on our last visit, which just didn't "jive" with me.  So in light of everyone else loving the ride, I would give it another chance - I may have been having a "moment" last time I rode it!  Fasspasses = check!

Now to kill little time, as our FP time came around -- off to Living with the Land, a ride I knew I loved: "Boat voyage through amazing greenhouses and fish farm."  (We actually rode it twice this day.)

Large Pumpkin Anyone?

Large Lemon Anyone?
Whilst killing a bit more time -- we headed over to The Seas with Nemo & Friends ... you ride in a "clamobile" (I mean how can you not even smile at that word?!) and see the adventure of Nemo and Friends, eventually winding up at the .. ummm, rather large acquarium .. totally rocks!
Sortly a bad photo, but was trying to get pic of the Hidden Mickey
and the fish kept getting in the way!

The "real" Nemo and Friends

Yes, I would have stuck my head through his mouth and had my picture
taken ... but alas, the line was long and our Soarin FP and lunch ressies
were near!  (I thought we might make it back, but even with 2 days scheduled
for Epcot, we didn't :-( ... next time!)

So, we rode Soarin again and I don't know, it seemed better than the first time - maybe they'd fixed a few things, but I doubt it - but I still am not totally in love with the ride, but it was worth a second try!  (I'll add, Neal didn't request to ride it again, either -- maybe it just runs in the family!)  I will say it is a nice break from being in the heat and humidity outside!

Off of Soarin and heading towards Norway, we go by Test Track - Future World , East: "Board a GM vehicle on the longest, fastest attraction in Disney history!" (and decide to use the "single rider" line -- these are just as wonderful as Fasspasses (even quicker in some cases) but not many of the rides have them.
60 mph :-) wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 

Our lunch and dinner ressies will be in the "World Showcase" blog, but I'll say YUM here!

 A few other places we visited in Future World:





So, that is it for now - if you can't tell, I've decided this is how I'm sharing some of my Disney Photos, until I decide what photo service to use ... well probably at least Picasa (since these are already there!)

Buddies, have a fabulous day and GO GREEN and by all means CONSERVE WATER and OUR PLANET!
The Love of My Life did so well!  I made sure I gave him sit down breaks ...
and that is my story and I'm sticking to it!

... albeit my feet were starting to email the brain inquiring of
just what was going on and had "we" gone nuts!

1 comment: