Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Disney World - Back to Hollywood Studios Day 4

Day 4 of the Mouse vaca would be the last day we visit Hollywood Studios, this trip! :-)  We had a rather long and hot day at Epcot on Day 3, so we decided to sleep in a bit ... well I let Neal sleep in, if you know me at all - you know "sleep in" is barely in my vocab!  So anyway, we showed up mid-morning and headed back to Toy Story Midway Mania to obtain a Fasspass (we'd missed getting one the "other" day, they were all out AND I wasn't going to stand in line for an hour) .. so at 11:30 AM, we obtained a Fasspass for 8:00 PM!  YIKES!  There were a couple of Toy Story characters out front signing autographs for the kiddies - so I'll stick one here (and not include them in the Characters blog).


The Backlot Movie Tour is in the same area as Toy Story Midway Mania (say that fast three times!)  So, once we got our - very last - Fasspass, we headed over there.  Ummm, did I mention Disney is obsessed with water?

Here comes more ....... before

..... after, fortunately most of the water doesn't land on the ride occupants .... most of it!

I N D EEEEEEEEEE, was our next stop.


Yeeeehaaaaaa

A little Beauty and the Beast

I got totally involved with watching these people sign the show, they were so expressive - it was very beautiful!

AH DRATS ... missed my chance at Stardom ... not! 

Now we had time to kill before our dinner ressies at 6:00 PM, so we found a quiet bench in the shade in the Streets of New York ... all the sudden lots and lots of people started coming by -- thing is for about five minutes, they came by ALL GOING THE SAME DIRECTION!  What had happened was Lights, Motors, Action - Extreme Stunt Show let out ... it was incredible though, Neal and I got a HUGE urge to get up off the bench and walk the same direction with them!  Finally, a few people came going the opposite direction -- now that really messed things up! :-)

Dinner Ressies at SyFy Cafe


Okay and here's the deal, then while killing more time for our 8:00 PM Fasspass to Toy Story Midway Mania, we'd done just about all the walking around etc. we could stand ... so, we walked by the Journey into Narnia: Prince Caspian "ride" ... didn't even know it was there - now I had heard on the boards I visit that this was a total waste of time and I thought "Well we have time to waste, how bad can it be?  This is Disney afterall!"  So, in line we hopped (waited 5 minutes) then they opened the doors and we walked in .. ooooohhhh, what wonders would be revealed -- because the map says something like "Experience your own journey into Narnia." .... then there a short movie intro type thing to watch and then the main doors open and we are all herded into another ... very small'ish room ... the doors closed (and I heard someone moan - it was late afterall - nooooo, we have to stand up!) and then the walls turned into movie screens AND WE STOOD AND WATCHED AN EXTENDED MOVIE TRAILER FOR THE MOVIE THAT HAS BEEN OUT FOR LIKE HOW MANY YEARS NOW?  (Sorry I yelled)  Then more doors opened and we were dumped into a very small "museum" like place that had a few movie props and costumes ... OKAY, I mean Disney --- really?  I would be ashamed to have that open, if my standards were as high as yours ... absolutely the worse "ride" ever at Disney ... I mean ever!  (No, I don't feel strongly about this, at all!)

The good thing was, it was finally time for our Fasspass to Toy Story Midway Mania -- which was totally fun and made me forget the bad experience we'd just had .. well for a few minutes anyway!

So, as the lights began to fade, we did too and we bid Hollywood Studios an "until next time!"



No comments:

Post a Comment