Thursday, June 2, 2011

Disney World - Downtown Disney/Meeting a Cycling Friend

Okies dokies, still will blog separately for Animal Kingdom's Tree of Life, Kilimanjaro Safaris and a few other items (including Day 2 at AK) ... but let's move on to Vaca Day 2!

This was the most incredible day - as I got to meet up with a long-time cycling friend, Jo!  I could not believe that she really wanted to drive 3 hours "down to" Disney World just to meet up with me -- that is still just an awesome thing!
Potent lemonade slushie - me likie Jo, she's silly like me!

So we decided we'd meet up at Downtown Disney as suggested by one of Jo's friends that works at Disney (and I'm still extremely jealous she knows someone that works there!)  We had planned a trip over to DTD (Downtown Disney) anyway, because Neal had never been there AND the last time I was there was before they built ... all that other stuff!
We ate at Earl of Sandwich, barely can see in lower right hand corner
(thought I had a better pic, obviously - I thought wrong!)

So after one day of travel and one day of Animal Kingdom, we slept in a bit and headed over to be there by Jo's arrival time -- Photos Anyone?  (See end of this blog for some colors of Downtown Disney!)

So, I get this phone call and she says "I'm here."  Then ensued where here ... keep talking, stay where you are ... we'll come to you ... blah, blah, blah ... I have on blue airplane shirt and Neal is the one in compression hose .. "I see you, turn around." .... Ahhhhhh, there you are -- let the hugs ensue! :-)

Jo is in love with cycling (as I am) but she has even taken it one step further by actually working races (so, yes I'm jealous again ... since, I've never done that - I plan to do that in the future!)  The "other thing" is, Jo is also active in theatre and loves musicals and sings and ... sound like anyone you know? :-)

So Neal not only had to "live with" me prancing around and singing -- Jo and I were having a "duet" good time!  We had lunch and a nice long visit and then "alas" we have a dinner ressie at Hollywood Studios we needed to get too -- so we parted ways ... but not after a nice long visit with much laughter ... such a good start to Day 2 vaca!

LOVE YA JO!
Characters in Flight


Ummm, I think we may be related!

 Breakfast!

Jenny from Forrest Gump


"With Wine and Hope Anything is Possible" ... yeppers!

Harmless Enough?

Nopers!  (I think Stitch is my favorite character of all times!)

Legoland Rocks .. yes this is all legos.

One order of Fish-n-Chips .. hold the chips ... umm, to go please!

Reflections

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had time for the visit - it was a really fun day for me as well. Yuppers Char I do believe we are twins.

    (Sound of Music going great. We have a wonderful cast and I am soooo bored in the back, haven't had to give a line yet.)

    ReplyDelete