Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Trash Walking

Okay, so Neal and I go out for our evening walk and I had noticed - turning our corner earlier (in the car) - that there was a Church's Chicken box in our front yard ... well it seems like not only was the box there BUT also a couple of chicken strips and sauce ... um, I wonder - were they just full and chunked it out the window?  Supper anyone?

So, as we walked I started taking notice of the trash on the streets and my brain started to wonder:

1.  Empties:  Coke bottle, Sprite bottle, Fusion bottle, Gatorade bottle - along with many and various squashed versions .... really, are they walking along and just drop the empty?  Do they just chunk it out the window of their car - really?

2.  Toy truck tires - all four - minus the truck itself ... okay, I mean all four little tires were there together - no toy truck - did the kid only want the truck body?

3.  A squashed - completely flat - magic marker ... how many times did that take for it to be run over ... I mean totally flat!

4.  Various papers - yes we are talking in the road.  I can see maybe one person missing one - but there were many along the route.

5.  A competitor of Church's Chicken ... a Kentucky Fried Chicken (although they don't call it that anymore, isn't it just KFC?) ... regardless, there was yet another food box - sans any type of chicken this time.

6.  The top of a tire gauge -- yes, just the top - I guess they do break.

7.  A small ball - left abandoned on the side of the road - away from any house, just rolling down the road in search of a home.

8.  A hairclip - I guess I can see dropping a hairclip and not missing it.

9.  A shoe lace -- just one, makes me wonder about the other one.

Okay, it is a toss up as to which of the last two is the actual winner, I thought one was ... until I came across the other -- so I'll post in that order!

10. A nose -- yes a nose, you know one of those plastic kinds with the string that goes on your face -- looked to be in perfect working condition :-) just lying in the middle of the road!

11. ..... then just about one block from our house --- a pair of thong panties, all wrinkled up amonst the dirt and leaves along the curb -- I mean, okay - I guess these could have been dropped, but once again they looked in good repair and were pretty - NO, I did not pick them up (I looked from afar) :-)  How do you loose a pair of panties - in front of your house, maybe, and not miss them AND never see them laying in your front yard in the street?

Weird, just weird -- come on people gather up those belongings and keep them out of the road!  Don't force me to walk around them and blog about it!!

I hope your day went well Buddies!!!

2 comments:

  1. Fascinating! I tend to check out the detritus along the streets & sidewalks when I walk but never thought to catalog them.

    Recently I've been seeing a lot of bottles obviously thrown at trees from passing cars just to watch them break. I then have to pass through glass shard minefields.

    ReplyDelete