Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Mouse Love Begins

TWO Blogs in TWO Days ... my brain may absolutely explode!  My Love of the Mouse began in California at an early age and here is my "OFFICIAL" Membership Cards to the Mickey Mouse Club (1963 and 1964) ... yes, my love of all things Disney began early.  (Yes, I inserted the pink "hide the birth year" piece :-) some of you know, I'll leave the others of you to guess :-) ... to quote Pan:  I won't grow up!

You notice how I have two ... each expiring at the end of the year ... now think of that in terms of marketing, child's card runs out at the end of the year ... child begs Mom/Dad to get new one, which is available only inside Disneyland!  BUT, I felt oh so special belonging to the Mickey Mouse Club.

Now here's the back of the card - just pops into my mind "Ovaltine" anyone?  (Okay, if you aren't wise in the way of A Christmas Story you really should watch it - more than once!

"Be sure to watch the Mickey Mouse Club every Monday thru Friday at 6 p.m. on KTTV Channel 11 for news announcements to club members, direct from Mickey Mouse Club Headquarters at Disneyland.

Take good care of your membership card you card will entitle you to participate in special events and also offers you many other privileges at Disneyland, available only to club members.  Advance announcements of these privileges and events will be made on the Mickey Mouse Club TV show."

Ah Man I was entitled to "privileges" other kids weren't entitled to -- I don't remember any BUT move over Annette Funicello -- young Char is in California and weilding a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse card ... man did I ever feel special .... and yes, the magic began for me right then and there.

The following is a really short clip from one of our trip into Disneyland - I can't tell you how many trips we took ... we lived in Cali -- well, more than once -- then after we moved back to Texas, we'd go visit my eldest Sis and her crew and ... we'd go to Disneyland .. again :-)

But I drift (are you surprised?) back to the clip -- you play it you may want to turn the above music off ... when I had the 8mm vids turned to VHS, the company that did it put some really sappy music in it (BUT, they did a great job with what we had!)

First appears my eldest Sister's two kiddos ... wave at Grandmother, wave, wave, waaavvveee :-) then "MOI" in the best hat EVAH ... until Mother made me take the feather out *poke, poke, poke* ... then there's a stellar example of my early film taking (the go every, zoom in and out of the Disneyland train station ... you can tell when Daddy took the camera back!)

Then the entire crew - with me standing by my Mommy ...minus my hat :-)
BUDDIES have a fabulous day and thanks for letting me share my home movies with you!

PS  Yes, family I'm converting the old 8mm to digitat format and also trying to put in some "order" out of the chaos that was the first conversion :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment