Sunday, July 25, 2010

It Takes a Team

As I started to scurry about with my day, random thoughts of the Tour de France have filled my head and I had to stop and do a short bit of typing on one thought in particular:

I loved seeing Team Radio Shack taking the podium for the No. 1 Team ...... Team, Team, Team - and yes they are a Team of dedicated professionals willing to do whatever it takes ... whether it is to work for the Team leader, the will to allow another to take over as a Team leader and even for that leader to pass that role on to yet another Team rider ... yet in the end it is the Team benefiting from everyone's hard work.

This, in my humble opinion, speaks volumes towards Team #28 and how many people a cancer patient/survivor, or the families of those who have not survived , need a great Team around them to beat this obnoxious disease that is taking the World by storm.  People who accept Team mates and have much loving support around them - stand a much better chance at winning, than those who choose to, or have to, go it alone ... no one should ever have to go it alone - that is just sad.
So, not only did I love seeing The Shack on the podium for the Team win - I enjoyed seeing them all sporting the Team #28 jersey - take it to heart WORLD WE NEED TO KICK CANCER'S BEHIND!

I also don't choose to ridicule the UCI and their decision - I mean it provided more EXPOSURE for Team #28 than it would have otherwise :-) as I stated on Twitter ... it is darn shame they didn't make them change the bib too, I mean those weren't their regular "shorts" ... see, now I go to the silly side of me :-)

As always I will have a few more parting random observances of mine - as to a few things I so enjoyed seeing this year:

1.   Vino happy - yes, I know many do not like him and never did .. particularly when he blood doped .. but for some reason I've not been able to disengage the little scrapper from my heart - of which he broke, even after last year's obnoxiousness .... anyway, it is good to see him moving on and being happy again (unlike Landis and LeMond - who seem "hell bent" to remain bitter and drag anyone and everyone into their pit of dispare.)

2.  LOVE all the characters on side of roads -- I've picked out a few of my favorites and the next race I attend will be sporting some of the decore myself :-) ... hum Austin Livestrong Challenge, I'm running -- wonder what I can come up with for that??!!

3.  As commercials went, Road ID - a fabulous idea and the bunnies with the snakes and the majority of the whale commercials .. isn't that weird, they were some of my favorites and I know can't come up with the name of the insurance company!  Sorry guys :-)

4.  Last and not least -- did I say short at the beginning?  Anywhoooooo, I loved seeing the "old" ladies on the side of the road clapping as the Tour passed their homes.  I mean, stop and think of how many years that has happened for them, how do they feel - what do they think ... a couple of times they showed them, really almost made me tear up.

In closing ... looking forward to the future -- yes, Alberto and Andy going at it BUT BOYS BE WARNED there is young talent coming up that are chomping at the bit to take your glory!

LIVESTRONG my friends and become part of TEAM #28 ... Let's Kick Cancer Butt!

3 comments:

  1. Another great post! It's very hard to live without a support team - whether we call them family, friends, co-workers or online buddies. Thanks for sharing the thoughts from your very creative and somewhat crazy brain! Jac

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK so I'm a little late, nothing new there...loved it Char. You have a knack for saying what's on my mind many, many times, maybe it's the "grease paint" in us, heehee.

    ReplyDelete