Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 3 - Alpine/Madera Canyon/Marfa/Alpine

Monday - Day 3 was yet another wonderfully relaxing day of chasing clouds and tombstones!  The following is the funniest thing we saw today - I actually turned the car around to go back and take the photo, I was laughing so hard (and Neal had missed seeing the sight)!  I'm so fascinated by climbing goats - this one was standing on a board that was probably 4 inches wide (with the back feet) and spanned across to a "make do" work table of some kind ... they are such goofs!
Our first stop was St. Joseph's Cemetery in Fort Davis, here are two sortly odd headstones, you tell me - aliens markings?


At the other Ft. Davis Cemetery (not the Pioneer one, we didn't go there this time) we found this pretty ...
... a Freemason
and a neat idea for keeping family together
This family had other stones "who died in AZ," "who died in Ohio" neat idea.  We had lunch at a picnic area in Madera Canyon, where the Nature Conservancy has purchased and set aside a nice little trail to walk, browse and enjoy ... we didn't today, because we were chasing clouds!
The clouds as they form
and they performed nicely
As I close this TravelBlog, I hope you've enjoyed a little rambling of trip photos and I will leave you with birds in the ladies room - the Moms were not happy I was in there!

1 comment: