Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Few Favorite Quotes

I have all sorts of random rumblings in my brain today, but none have come forth to solidly form a blog - so, I'm "putting to pen" some of my favorite quotes - I have many - enjoy buddies!

********************

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.  Plato

Myth: Old people get nasty and senile." Bruce Davis PhD: “That's not true. Nasty and senile people get old. They learn to do it better with practice.”

Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of. Benjamin Franklin

The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible. Arthur C. Clarke

It was a high counsel that I once heard given to a young person, "Always do what you are afraid to do." Ralph Waldo Emerson

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader. John Quincy Adams 

Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly. Langston Hughes

Insist on yourself. Never imitate. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Kind words are the music of the world. F. W. Faber

Ask yourself this question: "Will this matter a year from now?" Richard Carlson writing in Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

Never part without loving words to think of during your absence. It may be that you will not meet again in this life. Jean Paul Richter

********************
So in parting my buddies, I cherish each of you and the part you hold of my heart.  "Think of me, think of me fondly when we've said goodbye.  Remember me once in a while, please promise me, you'll try." Phantom of the Opera

2 comments: