Sunday, June 27, 2010

Overwhelmed and the Middle Ages

Good day ya'll (isn't it weird that I've always spelled "ya'll" that way, when it is properly "y'all" ... anyway, I drift already! Been sitting here sipping the beverage and wanting to share something extremely deep and worthy "hee, hee" yes, another of my blogs -- of which I have a couple of thoughts in my brain that I've yet to be able to turn out onto a written page (and with a couple of thoughts - my brain is definitely overwhelmed!)

So, I'm going to post one of my favorite pages out of "Meditations For Women Who Do Too Much" by Anne Wilson Schaef ... just read, you'll "get" the "Middle Ages" reference! (Um, fellas - I think ya'll :-) can relate to this too!)

Feeling Overwhelmed

"Feeling overwhelmed isn't surprising. Being surprised about it is." ... Anne Wilson Schaef

Is it any wonder we often feel overwhelmed? Just the bills for the "necessities" of life seem more than we can handle sometimes. And then there are federal income taxes, state taxes, changing deductions, investments, sales, best buys, 10,000-mile checkups on our cars, teeth cleaning, pap smears, travel arrangements, and planning family vacations, if we dare to take one.

Recent estimates on the rate of information processing tell us that every few minutes we process more information than was processed in a lifetime by those living in the Middle Ages. Feeling overwhelmed feels like a normal reaction.

"Sometimes it helps to know that I can't do it all. One step at a time is all that's possible -- even when those steps are taken on the run."


******* So try not to process more information than an entire lifetime of Medival living today and Have a Blessed Sunday my Friends -- This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it. Pslam 118:24


One of my favorite "feel good - not overwhelmed" websites, always good for a laugh!

http://icanhascheezburger.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment