Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Name the Baby Vampire Contest

You're probably thinking - what? Neal and I are hosting a "Name the Baby Vampire" contest ... sorry no prizes are available - except maybe a free laugh or two!

Now, let me explain - in CCU one of Neal's nurses - that did all the sticking of the fingers to check blood sugar EVERY HOUR - would come in and say "I'm here to collect for the baby vampires." Then by the end of her shift she would start staying "One more time the baby vampires are getting full and now they look like little ticks." My sister and I always had a wonderful laugh with this nurse AND the one thing Neal remembers from CCU is - the baby vampires.

Part Two of this story is there is still a piece of a stitch hanging out of his scar, which I assume will eventually fall off -- anyway, I've been teasing him this week by asking him if I could pull on it and see what it was attached too :-) he, of course, said "NO" .. ah man, ruining all my fun -- he's also a needle weenie ... and this has turned into it being the foot of a "left behind" ... yes ... baby vampire. So Neal suggested we host a "Name the Baby Vampire" contest ... he even posed for the photos!

The stitch is the little black thing on the left -- not that you couldn't figure that one out!


AND, if you ever wondered what a chest scar looks like of a person whose had his breast bone cracked open ... ah come on - you know you've wondered ... I include a photo of the entire thing!


3 comments:

  1. Love the baby vampires! :-) How about Van Nealsing? Psychological protection from vampire hunters. hehe Jac

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Neonatal Noire' for the baby vamp :-)
    Definitions below make it 'just the thing.'

    Neonatal: of, relating to, or affecting the newborn ... during the first month after birth

    Noire: [color] black

    ReplyDelete
  3. Told my husband Neonatal Noire ... LOVE!! (Little Neo - for short ... is still "hanging" in there!)

    ReplyDelete