Saturday, May 28, 2011

Disney World - We Made It!

Hello – onward with the report ‘eh? So, the trip from ABQ to MCO (Orlando, weird combination of letter’s huh?) without a hitch … well, except the flight from ABQ to MCO is 3-1/2 hours long … just almost too long for me to sit in one place (well, unless I’m at the office typing!) AND the dear Capitan decided to leave the seatbelts fastened sign on for all but about 10 minutes of the flight … weird, it was a smooth flight, except for an occasional shake – he even had the flight attendants sit most of the trip (makes me wonder if there was something else going on … security alert or maybe they were working a problem, but the plane seemed fine and we didn’t divert to anywhere … “hey” maybe he was a learner and nervous! Anyway, lots of yellow eyeballed people and on occasion someone would unbelt and go to the restroom and the flight attendants would chastise them for getting up … again weird, because 99.9% of the flight was in smooth air!

Neal and I were fine … was worried about him, since he is on a diuretic (because of this little heart incident), but we knew it was a long flight, so right before we boarded he used the facilities and had not drunk very much during the 3 hours on the ground in ABQ …. now as soon as we de-planed we visited the best bathroom ever! Why the best, you ask? It was very near our arrival gate!

So, off to fetch the luggage which came quickly and off to fetch the car … which didn’t take very long (yes, we decided on a car over Disney transportation and I’ll jump ahead a bit and say we are EXTREMELY happy we did – the longest time from resort to a park has been to Magic Kingdom and that was about 20 mins – door to door, so some of that was walking/floating/walking time)!

We zoomed down the toll road with me giggling like a little school girl and Neal saying “Are we here yet?” hee, hee, hee, hee … see? Then all the sudden I realized I was on the toll road, not I-4, now I’d taken this road three years ago … but! (I needed to get my “attention” on and start reading road signs because we were going into Kissimmee to the Publix for a few supplies AND I had told Neal I didn’t need any “stink’in” map … ummmm, oooops!) But I bravely drove on and the exit I took - just happened to be the correct one (sssshhhh, don’t tell Neal) and we go to the Publix without incident, decided to eat at the Cracker Barrel (YUM) … yes, I’m still giggling … yes, people are staring.

(Had a tourist honk at me because I didn’t turn right on red as quickly as he thought I should ….. and I will mention never honk at me when I’m having fun – it makes me a bit grumpy and I tend to just sit there … or go very slow … which I did around the corner, so slow the light turned green (for oncoming) and he was stuck there – glad he didn’t have road rage or anything BUT DO NOT HONK AT ME WHEN I’M HAVING FUN!) Okay, it wasn’t that bad, because it was fixing to turn green for the other guys anyway and that is actually why I had delayed my turn – hesitation! I’ll give it to the guy though, he was in a van with the wifie and … Oh I don’t know nine hundred kids and had probably already been on vaca for a week … but “come on” people that would really have fun “here” anyway (I hope his wife screamed at him for honking at me!)

Whoa … I was going to put Animal Kingdom in this installment, but I see I’ve gotten a bit longwinded – again … so I’ll wrap up Reader’s Digest style: Check In went quickly … We Arrived!


No comments:

Post a Comment