Friday, October 1, 2010

Livestrong 2010 and Adventure Running 2011

22 days from today I will be in Austin, Texas visiting with family and getting ready to participate in Livestrong Austin's 2010 Event on October 23.  I have walked with my niece in the past and we made a pact to participate in the run this year - she is going to pull me along with a tow rope!  "Ah come on" it will be a good workout for her :-)

Soooooo, not wanting to get in any hurry, I figured I should started running -- well, okay wogging (walk/jogging combined) this morning and at least I didn't stop breathing and fall off the treadmill.  My brillant idea is to hire a flatbed truck, put my treadmill on it and run on the treadmill, as the truck is driven over the course :-) this flatlander could very well be in trouble in the hills of downtown Austin!  BUT I do figure that the trade off will be the fact that I live at a much higher altitude (like 2300 feet higher) than Austin and have been "training" in thinner air (ROFL) - so my performance level will be much better and the hills won't matter!

I believe I'd read somewhere, maybe in an email *note to self, find this information* that the run starts "backwards" from years past which will put the hills FIRST ... at least it will be downhill from there :-) and I could actually fall down and roll ... well until I rolled into the curb (or another runner) *note to self, check this option out*!

LIVESTRONG AUSTIN 2010 IS STRONG AND IS GOING TO KICK CANCER'S ASS -- that is all there is too it, we have no option folks except to do whatever we can to beat the absolutely horrible disease!  28 Million People Living With Cancer

Adventure Running -- now here seems to be the really fun stuff I'm going to do next year ... it is not representative of raising money for any cause, but I came across Warrior Dash one day while surfing the net and just now on Facebook, MudRun DFW just popped up. 

I mean running, obstacles, mud, beer, costumes and "serious competition" - well, okay probably not serious competition, but definitely a seriously good time!!  I mean seriously how can I not "give it a go"?!

Great Day to Ya Buddies!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! You can do it Char! LiveSTRONG 1 stride at a time..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! Have a wonderful day...just be careful of that rolling option. You know what happens to cyclists who go rolling/sliding on asphalt. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete