Wednesday, October 27, 2010

"Hey Cancer" Can You Hear Us Now?

How do you wrap your head around the Austin Livestrong Challenge raising $3.1 million this past weekend?  (Austin: 5400 participants, 800 volunteers $3.1 million; Bay Area: 1500 participants, 500 volunteers at $1 million; Philly: 5700 participants, 800 volunteers at $3.1 million)

"Hey Cancer" did you hear us - the Livestrong Army?  Do you feel our hatred now?  Do you understand we are not going to tolerate you -- you are not welcome here anymore -- go away!

As I am still wrapping my head around exactly what I want to "blog" about from this past weekend (it will more in likely be a two-parter!) For today, I'm leaving you with this video posted in the blog section of Livestrong.com Why I'm Here: Austin Livestrong Challenge 5K Run.

Why was I there at the run?  My first encounter with cancer was when I was 14 and my mother was diagnosed with cancer and fought the disease for two more years and since then cancer - that underhanded and foul foe - has affected many more of my family and friends.

My mother may have lost her battle with cancer .... but .... I AM CONTINUING THE WAR!

Buddies -- "Go Ahead and Pick a Fight!" ... and LIVESTRONG in the process!

3 comments:

  1. You go Char - fight the good fight! Loved the photos. Looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missy, whatever, whenever.. you know I'm there with you. I'm fed to the teeth with this disease. Let's do a little kicking back.

    ReplyDelete