Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Warrior Dash 2011

I just signed up for Central Texas event held on the weekend of November 19 and 20 -- I picked Nov. 20 and the 1:00 PM wave.  I believe letting it warm up a bit before participating in the water and mud is a good idea :-) ... of course, we can always hope for rain!  (Of course, it also allows for not having to get up SUPER early to get to the race at 8:00 AM ... and since Neal will be with me - not as a participant! - he thanks me!)

So, I actually "sort of" started my training, but now I will go with full fury .. well I'll start off in slow fury mode!  I've been needing motivation to redevelop my core, as I know I've lost some of its value over the years ... so motivation for upper body exercise is now HIGH! :-)

I'm going to try to keep up with some training blogs .. just for the fun of it - so join me on my journey and tell me this doesn't look fun!  (I'm also plotting my Warrior costume, but it has to "NOT" impede my progress when it gets wet ... so that let's out the bunny suit!)


So, let the Adventure Running phase of my life begin!

2 comments:

  1. You go girl!!! Can't wait to read all about your training as you progress toward the actual run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) Thanks Jac - you're great support! (I hope the process doesn't kill me!) LOL

    ReplyDelete