Monday, August 16, 2010

Random Samplings

Okay, it is perfectly unacceptable that I have not blogged since 8/7 -- it is not that my brain hasn't had any random thoughts, I actually believe it has had too many and no single random thought actually stuck out in my brain and said "Oh that so needs to be shared!"  So here's a sampling of the past week's randomness (and some future thoughts):

Totally awesomeness happened this past week, in that I called the house to tell my honey something and he didn't answer the phone -- what is extraordinary about that -- you might ask?  I didn't even have the thought of rushing home from the office to check and make sure he wasn't lying in the middle of the floor needing to be hauled off to the emergency room -- TOTALLY AWESOME, I think!

We own five cats -- all rescued, so don't pass out, I mean let's face it - if you make the plunge to own two - what's five .. anyway, it was time for four of them to go to the vet on Saturday .. yeps, don't know how we managed to get them going at the same time .. but it actually is a blessing because we only go to the vet twice a year (well, unless there's the unusual accident).  I will say all my cats are good "vet goers" very docile, very accommodating to being probed and poked ... but I will also say the "loudnesss" in the car ride to the vet, could make you go deaf!

Pending randomness -- Midland County is having a county fair -- after more years that I can remember (and I've lived here for quite a long time)!  It should be exciting (or at least minimal entertainment for the weekend) and I hope it does well, because it would simply be nice to have a county fair "again" ... we have a couple of other "big" celebrations throughout the year, but they've gotten "such the same 'ole artsy crafty stuff (that is beyond what I want to pay for any more 'stuff')" that mostly, I don't bother going (I know, I know -- bad girl).  So maybe some critter contests, pie baking, canning and other different activities will be just the ticket!  We'll see, I'm sure it will be blogged about!

Also counting the days to vaca ... we are on the short side of the list now and I'm into counting in halves ... 2 and 1/2 weeks :-)

Also just got reminded (thanks to the radio) that the Crossroads Marathon is coming October 2 .. um, no - they have a 5K run :-)  I had originally thought I may use this as a warm up to the Austin Livestrong Challenge ... but do I really want to pay $33.99 to drive 20 miles to Odessa, so I can run 5K ... when I can run 5K for free out my front door?  We'll see!

Okay, can ya stand it ... so much randomness, so little time!  Have a great day buddies AND REMEMBER:

Henry James, writer (1843-1916):  Three things in human life are important:  The first is to be kind.  The second is to be kind.  And the third is to be kind.

..... oops, see, I just had a random Big Bend thought :-) enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Very happy you've reached the non-panic stage.:-) Can't wait to read about the county Fair. I loved the one in my mother's southern Indiana home town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude! Yes I said DUDE!! Ballerina project has a blog and you didn't tell me!!

    About your blog.. I was getting ready to give you grief about how loooooong it had been since you'd written one. Congrats on being able to finally relax!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm, "oops" sorry C, ummm Ballerina Project has a blog btw :-) ==========> points to "Miscellaneous Blogs" :-p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Just checked out Ballerina Blog. Wonderful, quirky photos. I love a beautifully pointed foot.

    ReplyDelete